This week I’m trying for an old-fashioned hand-tinted photo look.
First I ran my purple smoke tree photo through the app Photoshop Express look ‘Misty’ which didn’t quite work for me. Then I looked up ‘how to do a hand-tinted photo in Photoshop’. Most of the results were videos and my Flash is out of date so rather than bother with the updating I picked one of the few basic instruction ones and hit pay dirt. This method is so easy, just what I wanted!
- Save your photo as a psd document.
- Copy your original photo and paste onto two new layers.
- Turn the lower layer to black and white using the sepia option.
- Blur the upper layer using Gaussian Blur.
- Hit ‘multiply’ on the blurred layer. From this point on it is just a matter of lightening and possibly desaturating parts of the image until you get the effect you want…
The original post that I used as a tutorial came from Photoshop Essentials: Old-Fashioned, Hand-Tinted Photo Effect With Photoshop.
More on Robyn G’s One Four Challenge.